Question

autoloanasker

1 year into my 5 year auto loan. If I pay off the loan today would that hurt or help my score?

Whenever you close an account you can expect your scores to decrease. So it will probably hurt your credit if you do so, but if it will save you a ton of money in the long run I might suggest doing it anyway. You can always open a small loan or add a credit card to replace it, even though that would cause a temporary score drop, but in the long run it would help. When dealing with credit building always think long term. It often takes short term damage for long term growth.