Question

angelk9387

1 missed payment. how do I bring my score up within a few months?
I set up monthly payments to be taken out of my account to pay off the credit card. The system had an error and didn't take the money out of my account for 1 payment and I didn't realize. They are saying it's my fault because I didn't follow up on it or make a payment a different way. They said they will not change their report they filed because of that reason. Is there a way I can bring my credit back up. It dropped 135 points. I ask because I am in the process of trying to buy a car and this issue could ruin it. Thanks in advance.

The effect will taper a bit over time but there's no quick way to improve your score aside from getting it removed.