Question

soulangel

0% utilization vs 10- 30%
I use my credit card every month and pay off the full balance before the due date. My utilization continues to show 0%; which isn't helping my score to increase. should I leave at least 10-30% of a balance every month to show utilization?

Most Helpful Response

Keep doing what you are doing.  There is nothing wrong with having 0% Utilization as iIt should be everyone's goal.  We sould not be chasing the FICO score.

Everyone should follow these steps for Credit Card Usage.
* Charge items on your Credit Card knowing you can pay it off once you receive the statement.

* Receive the Credit Card statement showing the Due Date and Total amt Charged on the Card.

* Pay the Total Amt Chanrged on the Card ( not the min amount ) before the Due Date.

Repeat.