8 People Helped
Member Since: March 2013
Salient Features of the BECU Visa Card
1. High Credit Limits to Start ( Got approved for $20k without having been a BECU member until that point)
2. Low APRs ( Less than half of what I was paying for Another Card from a Leading Bank )
3. 0% Introductory APRs on Balance Transfers
4. Quick Approvals ( Heard back from BECU about the approved Application in just a couple of Days )
5. Great Customer Service both in Financial Centers as well as over the Phone
1. Great Mobile and Online Banking - Fantastic Technology
2. Checking Accounts with No Fees
3. Shared Branching and Free CO-OP ATMs through out the Nation.
RonBargarh's response was:
I recently got approved for a $20K line of Credit for BECU Visa. This is pretty significant because I was not a BECU Member until after the BECU Visa Application was Approved. I also got a very good APR (and also an introductory 0% APR for 6 months on Balance Transfers). BECU literally offered me half the APR compared to another Leading Credit Card that I had been using. Excellent Customer Service both at their Financial Centers and Over the Phone and great Online Banking.
I applied during Labor Day Promotional. (0.99% APR on last Year Model). Penfed usually comes up with lots of promotions throughout the Year to attract new members.
Got Loan approval in 10 minutes. They disbursed the Check to my home address the next day. Process is completely paperless. Very clear Promissory Note. I had the chance to review the loan details thoroughly before esigning the loan.
What stood out was the fact that Penfed allowed me to track the progress of various stages of the Loan just like you track a package on Fedex.. Completely unambiguous and straight forward.
Customer service is very friendly but there is a 10-15 minute waiting time to get connected.
Initially I applied only for Auto Loan(0.99% APR) and Savings Account but when I called Customer Care to finalize my loan they automatically offered an overdraft line of credit, checking account (55000 free ATMs in US and No Monthly fee. 0.20% APR on Checking Balance. Requires a Direct Deposit or Min. Daily Balance of $500) and Penfed Platinum Rewards Visa Siganture Card
I recently got approved for their new Cashback Mastercard which has a flat 3% cashback on Dining, Groceries and Gas. Amazing Card. APR is pretty decent. I already had their Any Deposit Checking Account, so the application process was fast and easy over the phone. Got approved with a really generous credit limit so all in all a very good experience.
Any Deposit Checking Account is also great product because all you need is just a deposit of any amount to waive the account fee. It's a simple account but it's so easy to avoid paying the fee.
All in all a positive experience
Very competitive rates compared to its competitors in the Pacific NW. Good Customer Service and Fast Approvals w/ generous limits. Strongly recommend
I recently applied and got approved for their new 2% flat cashback credit card called PENFED Power Rewards Visa Signature Card. The only caveat is that a member needs to have an active Checking Account called Access America Checking (Requires a minimum monthly balance of $500 or Total monthly Direct Deposit of $500 to waive the service fee). It's an amazing card. I also have really low APR auto loan with PENFED. Also have a line of credit and another credit card with generous credit limit. Their Debit Card is surcharge free on the Allpoint Network too.
Overall amazing products. Great Online Banking. Really good Customer Service on the Phone. Strongly recommend this credit union for all needs.
Salient Features of the SMCU Visa Card
1. High Credit Limits to Start ( Got approved for $25k without having been a SMCU member until that point)
2. Low APRs ( Less than half of what I was paying for Another Card from a Leading Bank ) - I got their Lowest APR
3. Instant Approval ( Approved While I was still on the Phone with Loan Officer. ) - Also signed all Documents Electronically to Complete the Paperwork the same day
4. Good Customer Service at the Branch.
1. Checking Accounts with No Fees - In fact it pays 6.14% Interest on the first $500 in the Feel Good Checking Account
2. Shared Branching and Free CO-OP ATMs through out the Nation.
I recently enquired about the APRs on their Personal Line of Credit because they don't have that info posted on their website. Very rude customer service. They did not give me an answer and just said that I need to apply to know the APR. Extremely bad and Rude Customer Service