Prepaid debit cards offer cardholders the convenience of a credit card without the debt or interest. If you want the convenience of a credit card but don't have the credit to qualify for one, a prepaid debit card is a good payment alternative. However, you generally can't build credit with a prepaid debit card because they're usually not reported to the major credit bureaus. You should also keep an eye out for fees that are often associated with these cards. These are some of the most popular prepaid debit cards from Credit Karma's partners.
- Your Full Service Prepaid Debit Account with 1% Cash Back on purchases. (American Express Serve is not a credit card.)
- No credit check. No minimum balance. No hidden fees.
- Earn 1% Cash Back added to your Account when you spend, for use on future purchases. (1)
- Free Direct Deposit gets you access to your money up to 2 days faster. (2)
- Free ATM withdrawals at over 24,000 MoneyPass® ATMs nationwide. (3)
- Enjoy American Express service and security 24/7. Shop online and off and enjoy Card Membership benefits like Purchase Protection*.
- *Underwritten by AMEX Assurance Company. Subject to additional terms, conditions, and exclusions.
- See additional American Express Serve® Cash Back details
* See the online Provider's credit card application for details about terms and conditions. Reasonable efforts are made to maintain accurate information. However all credit card information is presented without warranty. When you click on the "Apply Now" button, you can review the credit card terms and conditions on the provider's website.
† Credit Karma looks at how your credit profile compares to other Credit Karma members who were approved for this product. Of course, there's no such thing as a sure thing, but knowing whether your Approval Odds are Very Good, Good, Fair or Poor may help you narrow down your choices.