Current Job Openings
Associate Marketing Counsel - Charlotte, NCCredit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal) and growing their savings -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
As Marketing Counsel, you will advise the company on legal issues related to marketing and other related communications, including but not limited to email communications, digital advertisements, editorial content, and landing pages. You will work closely with members of the Legal & Compliance team and cross-functional teams across the organization. The role requires a self-motivated and highly collaborative individual who excels in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
What you'll do:
- Reviewing marketing, advertising and other promotional and communication materials for regulatory issues
- Proactively raising and addressing legal and regulatory risks related to strategic initiatives and innovative partnerships
- Engaging in creative problem solving and making recommendations to help achieve the business’s goals
- Knowing what and how to communicate with others to identify and address underlying problems arising in regulatory and operational areas
- Managing a high volume of work while being able to maintain perspective and prioritize the work according to company goals
- Developing and improving company-wide policies and processes
Basic minimum requirements:
- JD from law school and excellent academic credentials
- Member of the State Bar or in-house certified in NC
- 2-5 years of relevant legal experience
- Direct experience advising clients with curiosity and an innovative mindset
- Strong communication and analytical skills
- Team oriented with the ability to work proactively and collaboratively
- Tech sector and/or marketing/communications experience a plus
- Some experience handling IP-related matters, including UDRPs
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!