Current Job Openings
Senior Engineering Manager - LondonCredit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in Oakland, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds and London.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
Credit Karma is in search of the world’s most creative and experienced engineering leaders to join as Head of Engineering/Sr. Engineering Manager in our London office. As a Senior Software Engineering Manager you will continue scaling Credit Karma in the U.K., and drive key decisions along the way that will influence our entire engineering organisation.
What you’ll do:
- Manage one or more engineering teams
- Work collaboratively with product thought leaders; help shape product strategy and ship impactful experiences for our members
- Provide technical strategy and direction to your teams
- Help engineers develop their long term careers, provide performance feedback, and conduct one-on-ones with your team to make sure they are thriving
- Balance hands-on contribution and program management for products your team ships
What’s great about the role:
- You’ll have a leading role in achieving a great mission: helping people reach their financial goals
- You’ll learn a lot doing and share a lot- we care about the art of engineering leadership
- You’ll face technically rewarding challenges abound such as scalability, data science, and high quality user experience backed by complex business logic
Minimum Basic Requirements:
- 10 years of work experience in software engineering
- 5-10 years of proven hands-on technical management experience of software engineers
- Previous experience as a hands-on technical contributor
- Drive to lead by example, develop new leaders, and be a catalyst for change throughout the organization
- Thoughtful empathy while constantly challenging our current processes
- Influential communication skills which bring together product, engineering, and cross-functional stakeholders
- Experience delivering product in an agile environment
- Love of web and mobile products
- Background in the fintech space a plus
- Credit Karma is strongly committed to protecting personal data. Please take a look here to review our policy-- if you have any questions, please direct them to UKemail@example.com.
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!