Current Job Openings
Director of Personal Loan Partnerships - Charlotte, NCCredit Karma is a mission-driven company, focused on championing financial progress for our more than 100 million members in the U.S., Canada and U.K. While we're best known for pioneering free credit scores, our members turn to us for tips as they work on their financial goals, including helping them monitor their credit, identity monitoring, searching for credit cards, shopping for loans (car, home and personal), filing their taxes with Credit Karma Tax and growing their savings* -- all for free. Credit Karma has grown significantly through the years: we've added more than 70 million members in the last five years alone and now have more than 1,100 employees across our offices in San Francisco, Charlotte, Los Angeles, Leeds, London and soon Oakland.
*Banking services provided by MVB Bank, Inc., Member FDIC
As Director for the Personal Loans vertical, you will be responsible for managing relationships with Credit Karma's largest personal loan lenders. Additionally, you will lead strategic data and technology integrations with existing partners to drive approval certainty and a best-in-class application experience for Credit Karma members. You will have direct ownership, responsibility and accountability for scaling a high-growth business, have a significant impact on company growth, and work with an amazing team in a member-oriented, mission-driven business.
What you’ll do:
- Partner with the largest financial institutions in the country to enable the success of their marketing programs on Credit Karma
- Build strong relations with teams at financial institutions, ranging from EVP+ level executives all the way to hands-on partner managers, analysts, product managers, and legal/compliance associates
- Develop an in-depth understanding of our partners' and Credit Karma's business goals to identify win-win opportunities for our partnerships that can further Credit Karma's mission of making financial progress possible for our members
- Develop, manage, and help execute the partnership team's strategic roadmap. In this capacity, you will collaborate with Credit Karma's C-level executives and leaders/VPs of our product, engineering, marketing and data science functions, in addition to leaders and operators from the partners' teams
What’s great about the role:
- Direct access to Credit Karma senior leadership and highly engaged with leaders at various financial institutions
- High impact, high visibility - play a key role in guiding strategy for the Personal Loans vertical
- Work in a highly cross-functional, highly collaborative environment - you are the hub of many spokes within Credit Karma
- Use business acumen, analytical skills and relationship experience to market and execute complex initiatives with both new and existing partners
Minimum Basic Requirement
- Has 7+ years of experience in consumer lending customer acquisition, media buying or digital marketing
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, or a related field from an accredited college or university, or at least 7 years of related business experience and a track record of continuous professional development
- MBA preferred
- Executive presence with the ability to succinctly, confidently and articulately defend and challenge positions in verbal and written communications
- Hyper-focused on partner satisfaction and substantial experience developing and managing complex relationships, preferably proven by at least 7+ years of experience in a client-facing or senior management role in a sales/consulting/business development capacity
- Develops senior relationships to serve as a trusted advisor with major partners to optimize their digital acquisition, activation and engagement strategies
- An understanding of the consumer finance industry's challenges, a vision for its growth and a commitment to advance Credit Karma’s forward-looking initiatives within the marketplace
- Work collaboratively with a cross-functional team that is passionate about innovation and disruption to the benefit of members and partnersLeverage proven frameworks to evaluate potential business opportunities, structure the team’s thinking, and reach insightful answers
- Proven performance in independently researching and resolving complex partner questions or concerns. Has the ability, acumen and confidence to know when and how to say “no” when necessary.
Credit Karma is committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. We believe that such an environment advances long-term professional growth, creates a robust business, and supports our mission of championing financial progress for everyone. We offer generous benefits and perks with an eye single to fostering an inclusive environment that recognizes the contributions of all. We’ve worked hard to build an intensely collaborative and creative environment, a diverse and inclusive employee culture, and the opportunity for professional growth. As part of the Credit Karma team, your voice will be heard, your contributions will matter, and your unique background and experiences will be celebrated.
Credit Karma is also proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome all candidates without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, disability, genetic information, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected characteristic. We prohibit discrimination of any kind and will also consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local law. Our people are everything, our core values are real, and our guiding mission is strong. Join us!